Stryke Force Resources
Stryke Force is committed to the FIRST Robotics community. Our students and mentors both leverage and provide technology, tools and training focused on building great robots. This page is the definitive list of our contributions in one place.
Mechanical and Electrical
- Third Coast Swerve Drive Design – history and mechanical design description of our swerve drive modules. Updated for 2019 season
- Swerve Drive CAD Files – 2017-2018 swerve drive hosted on GrabCAD.
- Sentinal Interface Board for Talon SRX – Sentinal Interface Board for Talon SRX - connect digital and analog signal inputs to the Talon SRX speed controller. A collaboration with Team 141 WOBOT.
- Connector High Current Tests – current carrying capability of some popular connectors used in FRC.
Software and Development Tools
- Third Coast Swerve Drive Software – swerve drive and telemetry Java libraries for FRC robots.
- Third Coast Command Line Utility (TCT) – a command-line utility useful for tuning motor closed-loop performance and manually controlling robot axes and sensors during development.
- Grapher – LabView strip-chart recorder that plots real-time streaming telemetry information from Third Coast telemetry library.
- Third Coast Health Check – instructions on implementing our Pit motor health check.
- FRC Practice Field WiFi – Using OpenWRT on the robot’s Open Mesh OM5P-AN to allow us to connect to our robot via build-space WiFi.
Stryke Force Talon SRX Motor Training Course
This training course was presented to regional FRC teams by Stryke Force in December 2017. The tct and grapher software tools used in this training can be downloaded from the software and tools section above.
- Chapter One, Motors (46:03)
- Chapter Two, Talon SRX (52:35)
- Chapter Three, Talon Encoders and Sensors (16:34)
- Chapter Four, Control Loops (47:47)
- Chapter Five, Live Tuning Examples part 1 (53:13)
- Chapter Six, Live Tuning Examples part 2 (55:02)
- Chapter Seven, Live Tuning Examples part 3 (38:59)
- Chapter Eight, Live Tuning Examples part 4 (56:37)
- Chapter Nine, Quick Start Tuning Guide and Q&A (38:00)